Are you ready to sync your Salesforce Users with Pardot Users?
Salesforce User Sync is a new Pardot feature that helps you better align and manage users in Pardot and Salesforce. By making Salesforce the system of record for synced users, you’ll save time on user management and security while eliminating user redundancy. Read on to learn more about how Salesforce User Sync works, how it can benefit you, and how to enable it in your org.
Who gets access to Salesforce User Sync?
Salesforce User Sync is available to all Pardot customers using Salesforce (Sales Cloud), Professional edition or higher. All users that have a profile with the “Salesforce” user license type are eligible for Salesforce User Sync.
How do I enable Salesforce User Sync?
Pardot administrators can enable Salesforce User Sync in Pardot using an in-app enablement wizard, visible to all customers with a verified Salesforce connector. Launch the wizard from your Pardot dashboard or user table (Admin > User Management > Users).
Note: Overachievers, don’t jump in just yet! Be sure to carefully review this guide before enabling Salesforce User Sync. We’ll review the enablement process in more detail on Page 8.
How does Salesforce User Sync work?
During the enablement process, Pardot administrators select Salesforce profiles they’d like to sync to Pardot and choose corresponding Pardot user roles for each. All Salesforce users assigned to the selected profiles will sync to Pardot. If the user is new to Pardot, it will inherit the Pardot user role specified. If the user already existed in Pardot prior to enabling Salesforce User Sync, it will retain its original user role.
What should I expect when I enable Salesforce User Sync?
After Salesforce User Sync is enabled, Pardot will categorize your users into two types: synced users and Pardot-only users.
* Users in this category previously could not log in to Pardot at all. After Salesforce User Sync is enabled, they will be able to access Pardot via the “Log in with Salesforce” button on the Pardot log in screen.
* When you choose to sync a profile using Salesforce User Sync, all users assigned to that profile will sync with Pardot. If you want more control, consider setting up new profiles in Salesforce. Assign users who should sync to one profile and users who shouldn’t sync to another.
How are existing users converted to synced users?
When converting an existing user to a synced user, Pardot uses CRM username to match the Pardot user to its Salesforce counterpart.
Note: If your Salesforce users have different values in the username and email address fields, Pardot will make its initial match based on username. Then, the sync will update the Pardot email address to match the email address listed in Salesforce. See these tables for a more visual explanation.
This sync behavior has two potential impacts on your Pardot account.
1. When an email is sent from a synced user, Pardot will send from the updated email address.
2. Pardot user alerts, like daily prospect activity emails or assignment notifications, will be sent to the updated email address.
Additional Considerations for Salesforce User Sync
• After Salesforce User Sync is enabled, it cannot be disabled.
• Do not enable Salesforce User Sync if you have multiple Pardot accounts syncing to one Salesforce org.
• If you enable “Skip Salesforce users whose email address matches an existing Pardot-only user (recommended),” you must disable “Automatically match Salesforce users to Pardot users” on your Salesforce connector settings.
• Because synced users cannot log in to Pardot directly, they should not be used to authenticate API integrations, Pardot’s WordPress plugin, legacy Pardot email plugins, LeadDeck, or any other custom Pardot integrations. Leverage Pardot-only users for these integrations instead.
• For synced users whose Salesforce language is set to Japanese, French, German, or Spanish, the Pardot UI will switch to display in the language specified after User Sync is enabled. The Pardot UI will remain in English for all other language values; however, it may update in the future if Pardot adds support for additional languages.
• After Salesforce User Sync is enabled, the user import tool in Pardot will be disabled.
• After Salesforce User Sync is enabled, any login restrictions in Salesforce (for example, defined login hours, whitelisted IP ranges, etc.) will apply to synced users when accessing Pardot. Synced users will bypass any IP security settings enabled in Pardot.